Category Archives: Progress Happened

A Brand New Spec, S15

So, for the past few days I’ve been working on a provisional S15 mostly for fun. I was considering TimToady’s long-ago suggestion of developing a libicu replacement tuned to Perl 6’s needs, and after learning some interesting things about NFG, … Continue reading

Posted in Press, Progress Happened | Tagged , , , , , , | 2 Comments

A new Perl 6 major mode for emacs! (In Progress)

I’ve finally gotten fed up with cperl-mode, because it has now decided to throw lisp errors upon typing things like : or }, anything that would make use of its electric feature (which I couldn’t find how to turn off … Continue reading

Posted in Progress Happened | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

The Rakudo Codebase: Visualized! (Partially)

Yesterday I stumbled upon this old perl6-compiler mailing list message which inspired me to actually try to split up the compilation of CORE.setting into smaller, saner pieces. I’ve started work on this already (so far having just modified the Makefile). … Continue reading

Posted in Progress Happened, Research Department | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Beginning Notes for the Perl 6 Type Hierarchy

I stated in my last post some ideas I came up with involving Perl 6 that I’d be at least semi-interested in doing. Although the code repository (P6SSMPR) was actually my favorite idea, I decided to start with the small … Continue reading

Posted in Progress Happened | Tagged , , , , , | 3 Comments

SUPERNOVA Made Public

Today I give unto the world my very incomplete Pod6 parser, SUPERNOVA! Get it here. To carry on a tradition, I’m calling this parser of mine “official and complete”. It’s official because no-one else has bothered making a (current) Pod … Continue reading

Posted in Press, Progress Happened | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

This is What Happens When You Stuff Things Into Boxes Blindfolded

Imagine working for the packing department of a Rubik’s Cube factory. The kind of rubik’s cube you make has the colors painted on, so there are no stickers to peel, and is constructed in such a way that it’s really, … Continue reading

Posted in Progress Happened | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Numbers::Ordinals is here! (-ish)

Finally, I have released my first module, Numbers::Ordinal! I already talked about its reasoning in a previous post, so I’m going to talk about the module itself! Numbers::Ordinal provides two subs: &ordinal and &ordinal_digit. If you type ordinal(23), you get … Continue reading

Posted in Progress Happened | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Ordinal Numbers and Musical Camelias

Ordinals? I’ve been working on an Numbers::Ordinal module for the past day or so, which turns your cardinals and turns them into ordinals! I’m writing it because I write tests, and tend to use descriptions that say “First block done” … Continue reading

Posted in Cantina, Progress Happened | Tagged , , , | 1 Comment

Yapsi and Tardis

(I meant to do this post a few days ago; ah well) Recently I worked on Tardis, adding some extra stuff to the command line (`help’, `rewrite’, `unwrite’, and ‘pets’ commands, to be more specific.) You can see what I … Continue reading

Posted in Progress Happened | Tagged , , , , | Leave a comment

Colo[u]red Output

Certainly not by popular demand, but here anyway on my computer, is colored output for Rakudo errors! These colored errors can keep things from blending in a mass of [default foreground color] confusion (just imagine if you had dozens of … Continue reading

Posted in Progress Happened | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment